Music Quote of the Day


"If you really think about it, everything in this world tries to be music." -- Eugene Hutz

Monday, November 30, 2009

Ленинград-Геленджик - Leningrad

A few weeks ago, we finally got around to watching the 2005 movie, "Everything is Illuminated" with Eugene Hutz of Gogol Bordello. Amazingly wonderful movie! See it! We loved it and the music so much that we bought the soundtrack as well as the DVD. It's that good. There are 3 songs from this band, Leningrad, on the soundtrack. Of course, this sent us off trying to find more from the band. So far, no luck (know anybody in Russia who can get some for me?), but we - rather, my husband - did find some on youtube. Thank god for youtube. So, here you go! Meet Leningrad.

Do not ask me the name of this song or what they're singing in it. I have no idea. But it's FUN! And the video cracks me up.



Leningrad website (it's in Russian)

1 comment:

AmandaStretch said...

To me, it sounds like if Gogol Bordello and the Triplets of Belleville had a musical baby. That's okay by me. :)