Music Quote of the Day


"If you really think about it, everything in this world tries to be music." -- Eugene Hutz

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Tralallera - Maria Carta

Surrounded by snow with no plows in sight, I'm feeling a wee bit homesick for Sardegna. It's amazing to me how a place can maintain such a strong hold on me - especially since I only lived there (on La Maddalena) for 2 years as a young girl. But, just by thinking of it, I can still taste-smell-hear-feel every pulse and breath of the island even all these years later.

Maria Carta was a singer, actress and poet born in 1934 in Sassari on the island of Sardegna, Italy. In 1974 she appeared in Francis Ford Coppola's "The Godfather II" as Vito Corleone's mother. She died at her home in Rome, Italy of cancer in 1994 at the age of 60, just 3 months after performing her final concert.

Tralallera by Maria Carta from the album "Paradiso In Re"

No comments: